ICOH seeks to carry out a number of activities in line with its goals with collaboration of the members. The outline of the activities is as follows:
• Providing general advice and make referral on job training and higher education by networking with local employment services, colleges and other training organisations.
• Supporting asylum seekers in form filling and making referral to other agencies such as solicitors and social services.
• Providing emotional support and special service to women who are isolated and marginalised.
• Acting as the hub of Iranian cultural and social activity.
• Working closely with the cultural centres to disseminate Iranian culture and art.
• Working in close liaison with other ethnic communities residing in the city of Hull to showcase the cultural heritage to British communities.
• Organising short courses on Farsi language for the children and ESOL for the adults.
• Running workshops on Life in UK test, Personal Development, CVs and Further and Higher Education.
• Organizing workshops on Iranian language, arts and culture for young people.
• Running parenting workshops to meet the needs of the families in supporting their children to integrate to British culture while retaining Iranian identity.
• Organising social cultural events and ceremonies.